Friday, October 30, 2015

the artist community shuns

its funny.
i do fan art for people on tumblr or because I want to. i ask to have it reblogged or shared....nope.
but their friends or people they have as friends on tumblr do fanart and its fucking reblogged instantly.

i have worked for 10 years to get where I am as an artist but because i am where I am or whatever the reason my art isn't worth much to others....

i go out of my way to spread the word about other people and be nice because i want to be. and yet not one word when I am doing something. I have to ASK OTHER PEOPLE TO SHARE mine.
and by that I mean not share this in a post or check this out on facebook. no i mean go up to people face to face or private message or hand out my business card etc....NO
so....no matter what my efforts its never good enough.

I don't want fame i just wanted enough so that people would want to buy my art or creations....but no....
don't give me the spiel about starving artists...i have done all i can to promote myself and for naught.

i am one of the few or many - i dunno, people don't talk about that - that have worked for years and have not gotten any further....

I don't draw for others, I draw what I like, if someone wants to commission me I will do so, as long as its paid first.
but i draw it my style my way and if the person doesn't like it and asks for a refund i will do so.

but until now...i am not even scrapping by i just am....
before you start spewing off reasons. i have tried to see if it was something I did, my actions, my facebook, my name all of that....no real conclusive answer or evidence.
I am still going to draw what I want. but do not ask to see my work, do not ask anything of me. because just about every time I show anyone my work there is always some insult. NOT a critique or this is bad but can be improved, but an insult....
20 plus years of this. yes i drew as a child and kept going because my parents encouraged me to an extent and it kept me sane. 20 plus years of this and not one nice thing. i admit to showing it off in hopes of "thats nice or cool or hey you drew that." nope...

all you other artists out there, enjoy what you have and the praise you get cause you must be great or pretty enough to get it. i hate that. it just digs at what little like i have for myself. yes. i used to like myself. its back to hating...

No comments:

Post a Comment