Sunday, June 12, 2016

Depression Chronicles, the explanation and what lead to this

Greetings all!
Its been AGES since my last post, october 15th 2015 if i recall. in where I had a meltdown.

well. since then I've had much to think about and recollect myself etc.
And during that time I have come to realize that some of my medications my dr put me on were part of the cause.
Some medications I am not supposed to be on because they CAUSE said issues.



Short little story, I have been with this dr since BEFORE she transfered offices. OB/GYN. and my general family dr.
The ob/gyn was who was prescribing my birth control while the other my anti-depression and other meds and both worked in conjunction as i made sure both had notes from the other's offices etc so that no medicine reactions could happen and both knew what was going on without much issue and could work accordingly etc.

Well, when ob/gyn transferred to her new office apparently my old records - with notes on which birth control were BAD for me - DID NOT transfer....SO....I ended up being back on that birth control.

(and this is what it felt like in the beginning)

FOR THE RECORD LOESTRIN IS A BAD BIRTH CONTROL BECAUSE IT CAUSES MOST* WOMEN TO BECOME INCREASINGLY ANGRY OVER TIME. (NOTED most because there are a few it does not cause this)
no. REALLY, I mean angry, angry and things that don't normally cause them to be angry, angry at things that they KNOW wouldn't cause ire or frustration, and would cause rage over things. And other side effects, break outs (like acne), worse cramps. It does its job in helping regulate and HELP prevent pregnancy (HELP prevent, its not 100% because you are supposed to have your cycle unless instructed otherwise) Besides the horrible cramps, weight gain, and sex drive changes. (for those who have a sex life kudos, for people like me who...it happens or doesn't. this was a drastic change)

Don't believe me? fine, check some of these reports
Lo Loestrin Fe User Reviews

Ask a patient reviews of Loestrin (newest to oldest)

Viewpoints on Loestrin Birth Control

There are reviews out there that it DOES work for some women, and great for them. For the rest of us, without concrete evidence beyond our word and having a family member come in to back this up its difficult to convince or advocate to our doctor about this and have them believe us.



Yes this is also an issue, getting one of my past dr's to believe this was happening. So i dropped that dr fast. This was during the process of finding out what was causing me SUCH pain before and after my monthly periods that FINALLY LED to the discovery that I have endometriosis.

Mayo Clinic's What is Endometriosis

http://www.endofound.org/endometriosis (WITH VIDEO)

Daisy Ridley (actress who played Rei in Star Wars) Struggle with Endometriosis


(MOST RECENT revelation from Daisy Ridley OMG!)

So to get to the point, the birth control I was on - Loestrin - to HELP with my endometriosis was in fact making everything worse. So i had to STOP EVERYTHING, Stop my birth control, stop my mental meds as I call them and start ALL OVER AGAIN. I am currently in the process of telling my dr.'s to sod off. WHY? Because of all the complications with this and what made one of them think with all the BAD reviews and info out there with loestrin that it was going to help me, someone with depression/anxiety/emotion issues with endometriosis. (In which i STILL FEEL that many people with hormone imbalances are caused by their female parts OR thyroid being out of whack but because its a long process of ruling things out.....its hard to pinpoint)

So for me who was already having hormone and chemical imbalance NATURALLY, this wasn't helping.
So it caused some issues, and lead to the break down after a convention......yes....

so now I have returned, and thank you for still continuing to read as I have gotten to my point.
I will now be posting little factoids about my life that have to do with depression. The next post will help explain some as I hope to have a decent format going.

Thank you for reading and see you next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment