Monday, August 11, 2014

Sluggish Summer




So my blog posts have trickled down to post when I can. Sad...and I apologize for it is my fault.

This summer I was spending time with Lisa to keep her occupied while we await school to arrive!

For this we did paper chains in the morning...
 The first one got so long we had to hang it up to connect to the next one later.

Then on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays we did Just Dance on the Wii. But she got to chose if it was one of the one through four or kids version.
Tuesdays and Thursdays was play time. Weekends were time with family! And Sunday church days of course. During her nap time I would try and get chores done and clean one room of the house thoroughly.

During this summer I came across My Fridge Food.com quick and easy ways to make meals.
As the website home page is similar to other sites where you throw in what you have or check the boxes and it comes up with a recipe for you I would suggest their facebook page for more ideas.
MyFridge Food Facebook Page
its also good for tips and tricks with every day items or at least typical recipes.
I like the trick of poking holes into the cupcakes to allow the melting frosting to go somewhere instead of over the edge. Also the forehead slap sliders, different way of cooking hamburger meat.
Forehead Slap Sliders (so aptly named because its a no brainer or a DUH?



Either way they have some very nice tips, ideas for snacks food and so on that are inexpensive and use mostly every day items or fairly cheap things.

I tried their orange chicken crock pot idea and it came out great!
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
it came out just like take out, except no batter and its baked which is healthier.


While this weekly stuff went on we went out and obtained her school uniforms, supplies and new shoes!
No worries the uniforms are basic plain color shirts, not official uniforms with emblems sewn in.
Stuff that could be found at walmart or even dollar stores if need be.


              


as you can see she looks so cute! To me at least. Her uniform fits and she knows how to wear it and how to tuck in her shirt!

And finally I did get some custom orders done!



 This was a custom order and provided the items from Hobby Lobby. This was asked for by my mother and she provided the items and postage cost so it was pretty much a freebie for me to make. so YAY!
Here is me showing the bracelet how it came before I started making it as to above where it was in the process of.
 And here we have the finished product! An amethyst hued memory wire bracelet! It was meant to be with the jewelry string provided but I figured this way was better. There is enough give(room) on the bracelet to fit most hands through. YAY!

 The next items are lollypop candy wrapper magnets!
Tootsie Roll style
 Charms Blow pop
And Dum Dums! It's funny with the dum dums wrappers as they are doing the save the wrappers to mail them in for items (not including postage cost) so all their wrappers have save the wrapper slapped all over it.....Merp.

 I did a batch of pokeball cookies using a spoon to paint them on versus the squirt bottle or icing bag. I also used chocolate icing for the dark lines as I was out of chocolate candy melt and mint chocolate is tough to find.
 And for my final commission I was asked to do Three gemstones. The polished amethyst in the back of this one and the Tiger Eye. This one was rather large so i had to use two jewelry bails
and green fluorite which also required two jewelry bails.

 And finally my newest etsy shop items, colored glass stone pendants. This one is Ocean Sun, the one below is called silver lining.
Hand Painted Pendants
Check them out, I am favoring the Ocean Sun and Blue Moon.
That is all for this post, will try to get a post about the first week of school soon as it begins August 20th for this house.
Thank you for reading and see you next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment