Friday, May 24, 2013

LATEST FINANCIAL GOALS for this year and next.

Today is the last off topic post and will do my best to take this weekend to get back on track

FYI THIS WEEKEND WILL NOT HAVE POSTS! and If there are weekend posts its by choice but they will be short and informative or just random pictures.

Please understand that normally we manage just fine with bills food and so on. However we also make due with what he have and for the most part if we have extra its either put aside for Lisa's savings which is going towards HER COLLEGE education, or for emergency. Last emergency was to fix the van.....so when I say goals it means what I hope to be able to earn on the side to set aside for BEYOND the normal.

SO, here are my two financial goals so far.
FIRST one which has a deadline so to speak is for my daughter's birthday in November. But Lexia, don't you and your husband make enough to be able to do this? Yes, we make just enough to save for a party outside for close family and friends with PLANNING and preparation. This ONE gift however would burn through that budget that sadly would take a few months to save for. (IE i am using my bargain hunting skills and getting a few party pieces here and there on sale instead of just buying everything all at once. Except for the food.)
THE PLAN is to try and have the party either locally in my home two or Beaumont which is sort of a half way point for my families in my home town and in Texas and Oklahoma.
(For the shorter version on facebook which is open to the public to read, here is the Note version
Daughter's Party Plan/Main Gift Goal )

All the party planning aside I had wanted to get her a Build-a-Bear doll. So having seen the commercials and online advertisements I finally said today that we would pick one out. She saw My Little Pony first, and so I sat her down in the computer chair while I moved the mouse. Lisa chose Pinkie Pie! So going through the variations she chose what I like to call Glitterific Pinkie Pie which is actually this

Combined with this I would like to try and get the sound box that fits in one of the arms or legs, or in this case legs when its created or being made in store. The sound box is the My Little Pony Opening song MLP:FiM Opening song
Pinkie Pie is $56.00
The sound box is $7.00
I would like to try and be able to order these online to have it shipped between now and september.
As their website offers economy shipping which is $4.95 aka $5.00 the total is $67.95.
As I tend to round up to cover basis including tax and shipping cost and as this price is BEFORE the total check out I am going to go out on a wire and say the grand total rounded up is between $70-$80.


NOW keep in mind THIS is if we cannot get to the nearest Build-a-Bear store in Lafayette this is the original plan. Now if we can travel there between now and then, this is STILL the goal minus shipping which would still bring it to $70 and we would be able to set aside for the gas funds to get there and back. Technically the cost of gas would be more but at this point I am keeping both plans open JUST IN CASE as there is time and so far I have a little bit set aside already.

Here is where we get to brass tacks so to speak. I AM NOT asking for donations or hand outs. What I AM asking is, this, go see my crafts and artwork and commission options and if you are interested let me know. Some of that will go towards this goal.
I am also willing to do reasonable odd jobs or tasks to earn towards this goal.

NOW ON TO THE SECOND GOAL


This goal is more long term. I have done my research here and its for a trip. This is optional and if you wish you may stop reading yet I hope you will read the whole post.
This is to be able to visit family. When it gets closer to winter I will go into more depth. Basically would like to visit a friend I haven't seen in years and would be traveling by greyhound or plane. HOWEVER as this will also mostly be on my dime it gets complicated.
The total goal is minimum $800 maximum is $1,000 and as I said LONG TERM. Basically once the FIRST GOAL is reached and dealt with only THEN will some of my craft sales go towards this, especially so if I manage to get a job. Yay!

Speaking of crafts I have done more book marks and almost done with the magnets.

 Care Bears, My Little Pony Gen 3, (both with hearts and stars) Toy Story and another Disney Princess book mark!
This blurred pic is PART of a large batch, they have been given scrapbook paper backing for protection and have glue added for protection and sealant. Just waiting to finish the magnet part.

Thank you for reading! See you Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment